On Bookshelves Now!On My Way to School
What the critics are saying:
- “Would that every kid had an imagination like Livi’s so that getting ready for school was always this much fun.” – KIRKUS REVIEWS (STARRED REVIEW)
- “Livi’s vibrant imagination and abundant energy leap off the pages.” – PUBLISHERS WEEKLY
- “A vivaciously illustrated ode to imagination and procrastination, Sarah Maizes and Michael Paraskevas’s On My Way to School (Bloomsbury, 2014; PreS-Gr 2) soars with eye-dazzling artwork and sparkling humor.” – School Library Journal
- “Dillydalliers unite. Your numbers are legion, and Livi is your Queen!” – BooksForKidsBlog
Moms agree: ON MY WAY TO SCHOOL by @SarahMaizes is the perfect back-to-school read! http://t.co/jwfQRJYrLE— BloomsburyUS Kids/YA (@bwkids) August 14, 2014
“Livi, Pink’s favorite character, is back in a new book by @SarahMaizes! Your little one will adore this series”: http://t.co/IOdAXfTk40 — Amy Heinz (@UsingOurWords) July 1, 2014
On My Way to the Bath
“Baths are Boring! Everything is more fun than a bath!” A young girl has way too much to do to take a bath.
(Click on the image to buy it now!)
Baths are boring. Everything is more fun than baths. But when Livi’s mother hollers “Bathtime!”—a call readers and their parents are all familiar with—her imagination takes her on a journey full of daring obstacles and exciting events. She must battle a snake, rule the world, and escape quicksand, all while her mother waits with the bubbles ready. With delay tactics as creative as this, it’s a wonder she ever makes it all the way into the tub.
“Sure to be a crowd-pleaser in story times, classrooms, and laps everywhere.” —School Library Journal, for On My Way to the Bath
Bringing together a picture book debut, author Sarah Maizes and illustrative veteran, Michael Paraskevas, this funny, fresh book will be a must for every parent who wants to foster creativity while fulfilling the everyday necessities.
- A Children’s Book of the Month Club Main Selection
- A Children’s Book Council (CBC) “Best Children’s Book of 2012”
- A Tennessee Volunteer Book Award Nominee
SOME OF THE RAVE REVIEWS!
Publishers Weekly — “The precocious, emphatic narration (‘I slither off the sofa. I am a snake. I slink, I slide’) and escalating back-and-forth between Livi and her mother will enliven any read-aloud. There are plenty of books on the shelf covering kids’ reluctance to get into the bathtub, but Maizes, making an assured debut, and Paraskevas suggest there’s room for one more.”
DailyCandyKids.com –For every frazzled mom who’s patiently waited to bathe her rug rat and for every kid who’s ever tried to dodge the tub, Sarah Maizes created an imaginative adventure that ends with another escapade bubbling up.
Enjoy the book trailer!
Walker Books for Young Readers (US) / Bloomsbury (UK)
On My Way to Bed
By Sarah Maizes; Illustrated by Michael Paraskevas
DailyCandy.com –You can take the girl out of the bathtub, but you can’t take the filibuster out of the girl. (Duh. Why would she go to sleep when she’s not tired?) Livi is back, and this time she is headed to bed — or at least, that’s what Mom hopes. Maizes continues to make our littles giggle in recognition of Livi’s seemingly universal antics.
And look for the new Livi doll from MerryMakers!